Caliper hanging up?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, had a friend that had a 99 F-150 and was having brake hanging issues. He didn't say anything to me until after it was fixed. He started to tell me the story, and made the comment he had replaced the calipers, rotors, pads.... etc and still didn't find it..... I said, you have a bad brake hose..... he was like how did you know that, that was the last thing they replaced and it fixed it....... told him it was a fairly common problem.... and when I have sticking brake issues, I normally start with the hoses and work from there..... He said I should have said something to you a long time ago.......

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He said I should have said something to you a long time ago.......

I always love it when that happens. "I tried EVERYTHING" Well, did you try this? "Uhh... No."

:cheers:

Father in law just did that to me. "I replaced the thermostat and the gauge still says it's hot but my temp gun says it isn't"

Well have you changed the temp sensor?

.... .... Oh.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I always love it when that happens. "I tried EVERYTHING" Well, did you try this? "Uhh... No."

:cheers:

Father in law just did that to me. "I replaced the thermostat and the gauge still says it's hot but my temp gun says it isn't"

Well have you changed the temp sensor?

.... .... Oh.
LOL