Cali trip

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so last weekend, I drove the truck to Victorville to install a furnace at a friends house.
This was the first trip I've taken since dialing everything in. The last time I tried to leave town, the tensioner broke on the way out of the driveway, so I took my expedition instead.

The truck ran awesome and returned 15 mpg and I was pushing 75 to 80 all the way there and back. I looked down once and was doing 90. This is the first old diesel I've had that could actually go that fast.

Baker grade was a breeze coming back home, I was pushing cars outta the way in the fast lane doing 75-80. The pyro at the hardest point was at 900 and boost was at 12.
all in all, I'm very impressed with the truck. I spent a lot of time dialing in the fuel and timing and it's right where I'm happy with it.

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad it worked out well Kenny. Nothing more pleasing than road trips breakdown and worry free.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad it worked out well Kenny. Nothing more pleasing than road trips breakdown and worry free.

Absolutely! Been very fortunate with these old trucks.
The three breakdowns I've had in 10 years, were always here in Vegas. I've had these trucks all over the place, Utah, Reno, San Jose, La and they've always gotten me home.
Even the time my 86 blew the head gasket in San Diego, it wasn't mixing any fluids and would have probably got me back to Vegas if I wanted to chance it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online