cab catastrophe..turn into v-ruck?

trugertha1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i thought that my fender had just gotten loose and out of adjustment..but nope broke all the mounts to the cab for the fender, cracked the cab all the way across to the drivers side...so thats the end of this cab, i was wanting to cut up a van and make a bed for it, anyone ever do this??? also is it a total PITA to work on the motor in a van?

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Ouch!! First time I hear something like that for a cab to crack right across like that. And yes it is a PITA to work on the motor of a van....sometimes I like to use other words to describe working on a van but I won't use them here lol

trugertha1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha ...well then i dunno ill have to really think my idea out..i just thought it would be cool to have a van truck haha i always wanted one

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Me to I always wanted to have a van truck lol, i've seen one on ebay and ohhh man they look sweet :D Or just the front of a Van with a flat bed body!!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how many miles before this happened?
i had a little over 500k miles when my cab on my f450 carrier pulled apart to the point the rear window was threatening to fall out. the firewall was toast 150k before that.

trugertha1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me to I always wanted to have a van truck lol, i've seen one on ebay and ohhh man they look sweet :D Or just the front of a Van with a flat bed body!!

i dunno how long to make the van portion yet but im definatly goin to be doin this in the near future..just gotta find that van haha

trugertha1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how many miles before this happened?
i had a little over 500k miles when my cab on my f450 carrier pulled apart to the point the rear window was threatening to fall out. the firewall was toast 150k before that.

trucks got 270,000kms on it...but this truck has been literally rammed into mud pits slammed into road deactivations and just generally abused by me...all in all i beat the living chit out of this truck since the day i got it, never left me stranded.

Reaction score
there is a neat van flatbed here in portland on the craigslist for $1800

You must be registered for see images

There are allot in Austrailia like this.

You must be registered for see images attach

85hauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a cab on a '85 F250 ext.cab 2wd 460 truck do the same thing. The cab basically fell down around the floor. No idea how many miles were on it. It was the stiffest sprung truck I ever had. I always figured that's why it broke.

I pulled the 460 from it and put it in a 4wd ext. cab. A year and a half later cracked that frame in 5 places in and around the the front crossmember. The 460 now resides in the the back of my box/storage truck waiting for its next victim.:backoff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle