C6 shift modulator leak

Csgod0

Reaction score
My C6 is dripping trans fluid at an alarming rate from the shift modulator attached to the trans housing. To be more specific, the vac piece that kicks down gears. It looks like a seal has gone bad, and its just puking fluid. Does this just need a new seal or could it be more than that?

On a sligtly lighter note, my rear main seal is starting to get a little moist, how expensive can that get?

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
If it's leaking from around the area where the modulator goes into the trans, then theres o-rings in there that could be the culprit. If its leaking from where the hose connects to the modulator, then the modulator is dead.

Either way it's a fairly straightforward fix, if you end up replacing the modulator there is an adjustment screw inside the vacuum connection that sets your shift pressures in relation to the VRV on the injection pump, make sure and set the screw on the new modulator to aproximately where the old one is.

Which main seal are you talking about? The engine rear main seal leaks on alot of these trucks, if it's not a huge leak, it's not worth the effort to fix in my opinion... :dunno

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The rear crank main oil seal can cost as much as around $80.00 at International. Or it can cost as little as around $40.00 at ford parts online which is really bob utter ford in sherman texas. This is for the seal with the speedy sleeve. Your crank will need the sleeve because of the wear cut into it by the factory seal....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online