c6 question and gauge location '88 E250?

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got 2 questions on the c6 in my van:

1. What does the item circle in yellow? I removed it looking for a gauge mounting spot, but it appeared to be some kind of an adjustment, so I put it right back in. What does it adjust?

2. The red circled item is the temp gauge. I found 2 test ports (one on each side). The one on the passenger side is a little lower and a little fluid came out when I removed it. This one was a little higher and no fluid came out when I removed it. Should it still work for the temp gauge? To use the passenger side one I would have to reroute the wiring for it since it won't reach as it is now.

You must be registered for see images

mariner45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the yellow marked nut and screw is the band adjustment. This adjustment is very fine and is around 15 inch lbs (not exactly sure on the value). The adjustment procedure is tighten up snug and then back off 1 1/4 turns then torque nut to the specified torque value.
My figures may be way out, but I am sure that the setup is basically as I remeber. Someone else who is more familiar might chime in and give the correct procedure.
HTH
mariner

fellro86

Reaction score
Yes, that is the band adjustment. I would have to look up the procedure myself... The switch in the green circle could be a pressure switch or maybe temp, but I doubt temp, as it is in a pressure tap. There are a number of reasons why you would want a switch on a pressure tap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828