Bummer day, singin the truck repair blues

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
My diesel was out of inspection for quite a few months due to not needing it and money. So i got it inspected last week, and on my drive home i noticed it pulling all over with the brakes applied. It did this twice, so i chalked it up to the road (we have a lot of tri-axles hauling coal around here (coal region of pa)). So today i decided to rotate the tires in prep for the winter and when i tried to spin the driver front i could barely get it to budge. Got the tire off and seen a fairly new rotor has a nice heat crack right through the rotor, looks like the caliper was/is hanging up. So i gotta replace at least one rotor, both calipers and while im at it both front brake hoses. Luckly the pads are like new and there is no funny wear.

Also, while starting it periodically it was giving me a little hard time when it was really cold last week. Looks like the air intrusion i thought i solved with a new return line kit, hoses and updated return line set up is failing AGAIN. These dam return lines are giving me nothing but fits since i initially installed em last year (new kit from typ4, not his fault). Seems the o-rings are messed up, even after 3 different times replacing. I dont get it but as long as it attempts to start ill live with it.

And my rear tank is messed up, which is newly installed last winter. Somewhere along the line the plastic fuel line coming from the in tank pick up is either pinched, bent or totally trashed. And i also need to fix holes on inside of the wheel well in the bed...

Also the truck needs an allignment and i have zero expendable money so there it sits again as a lawn ornament, making sure the yard doesnt blow away...

Just had to vent...

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lemme know what you need. orings or another kit and ill get it sent out. Gotta keep you running. I have a bud up in alaska that has had to use either the cheapo orings in the kit for the very cold or he also said heavy grease will help them seal, . they tend to shrink when very cold and can maybe let in some air.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow... Sure sad to learn the rig is a lawn decoration again but... At least the brakes are not costly at all to replace the rotors and calipers... Look on the uhaul site. They had some rotors and fully loaded calpers really cheap listed..

Reaction score
Someone posted eBay links to some loaded calipers dirt cheap from U Haul not too long ago. May be worth a quick search to see if they're still available.

Mike

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Russ, i have plenty of parts i just dont know (or care at this point) to see whats wrong but thank you for the offer. I did see brake parts on the uhaul ebay page but with christmas right around the corner i have $0 for truck repairs ATM, and i lost my garage to our 66 Fairlane GT that is taking FOREVER to finish lol. But it works out, i can save money until the car is finished.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online