buddies idi down in idaho need help asap

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
My buddy is en route moving here (portland oregon) from indiana. He had a tire wear out just before he left and is now in idaho with another bad tire and no spare, and no cash. Somthing is worn in his d60 and causing tires to wear in a hurry.

If anyone has a good spare 265/ 75 r16 near westbound i90 mile marker 42? 43. He is at the sunshine mine memorial on i90. Please call my cell 407-403-4221 or his cell 765 586 7405. His name is Jay.

Thanks in advance.

Punk

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your regular 235/85-16 tire is the same diameter as well, that's what I carry for spares even tho my fronts are 265/75-16s and it will work fine to get him to his destination.

Punk, is it only one of the tires that wears out? If the worn one is not entirely dead, can he put it on the side that don't kill tires and use the one from that side on the bad side of the axle?

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I cant get to the truck to see if its a bad tire or a bad front end. He left and made it a few hundred miles and felt a "shimmy" and put his spare on. The tire he took off is worn to the belts and the tire he put on had wear but now has belts showing as well. I have a set of four tires here for him but he is 400 miles and 7 hours away. I wont be able to get there till sat.

If anyone is close enough to get to him he is willing to trade anything he has to get here. I am most grateful for any and all help.

thanks,
Punk

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry i'm in illinois otherwise if I were closer, I have 2 225/85/16 brandy new and I could give him one, but I guess this doesn't help

Last edited:

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I have two that size but being in texas I'm farther out than you are. He would be welcome to them if I were close enough though.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in Nampa, and am ******* deep in 235/85/16's, hell one or two have never been run.

Exit 36 I-84. Google for a distance, if he can cover fuel RT at 35mpg.. I will run him one tomorrow in the Corolla.

Kevin

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
Its covered. Thanks for all the help. He had someone wire him money and limped it into Kellog idaho tonight. He is in the tire shops parking lot tonight. He will have a decent used one in the morning, mounted and balanced and be here tommorow evening.

Thanks again everyone.

Punk

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool that he was able to get back on the road.

Would have been happy to lend him my spare, but a bit too far away... :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle