Brrrrr

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
It's fun to see people from up north say, "I can drive in the sugar sand, I've driven in snow and it cant be any worse than that".......Then they get to see just how well the center section supports the weight of the vehicle.:rotflmao

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
oh,and only reason I know a the trick is cause I got stuck in my aunts front yard once.Slightly damp and teh front sank while the rears just spun on the grass.Never dug in the rear.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Sugar sand is easy.WIIIIIIIDE tires,Low airpressure,constant speed,NO wheel spin.........or shovel,long chain,and a D9 dozer on solid Dirt!

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
Sugar sand is easy.WIIIIIIIDE tires,Low airpressure,constant speed,NO wheel spin.........or shovel,long chain,and a D9 dozer on solid Dirt!

Yup yup, Although I've never driven something the size of the CC in it, always drove my dads F-150 w/ a strait six. I had a 05 Ford Tarus and damn near got it stuck thanks to the traction control. In sand so powdery it was hard to walk in.

I did check out the fuel powered block heaters, that is an awesome idea. :thumbsup: but it wasn't very clear as to what size was necessary for something our size.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya i like the heater idea thats sweet
wvo is fine youll need a heater to warm the wvo up a lot though id run a propane heater or diesel powered and a seperate tank at those temps and when you are not going to use it (cant always find free wvo when on the move) then its not wasting energy

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I did check out the fuel powered block heaters, that is an awesome idea. :thumbsup: but it wasn't very clear as to what size was necessary for something our size.

A D5w would be about right. The 4 is used on small cars , it would put out enough to heat a truck, but it would take one a bit longer, a 5 would get it hot quick and would use less fuel doing it since it is more efficiently matched .

hahn_rossman

Hahn Rossman
Reaction score
Your WVO tank should be heated anyway. It doesn't need to be as hot as the oil is going to be after a final heat exchanger, but you definitely want it over room temp before the filter.
i like the idea of a huge WVO tank as ballast for driving in the snow! Don't forget to get a window scraper and chains. Good luck!;Sweet

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
Your WVO tank should be heated anyway. It doesn't need to be as hot as the oil is going to be after a final heat exchanger, but you definitely want it over room temp before the filter.
i like the idea of a huge WVO tank as ballast for driving in the snow! Don't forget to get a window scraper and chains. Good luck!;Sweet

Funny you mention a scraper. The company that makes the Snow Rake (A windshield scraper) has their company right down the road from me.
I will have to sharpen my pencil when I go to make the tank. I saw a vid. on you-tube on how to do the conversion. I suppose that a heater hose/loop tube built in to the tank would help out with that. His heater hose stopped at the inlet to the filter. Will it harm a 7.3 to idle on WVO for extended periods or should it only be used on the road?