Bronco Price Question

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking about buying and doing a bronco to flip.

Truck is an 87 i believe. 302, 5 speed, 1356 transfer case.

Motor will be rebuilt with Lunati voodoo cam, GT40 aluminum heads Ford 1.6 rockers, all performance grade bearings and seals, Mass airflow conversion with mustang A9L conversion, all painted up nice and such.

Will get painted or the current paint touched up and restored.

4" Rough Country suspension lift, aftermarket radio and speakers added interior cleaned up.

What would be a good asking price for a truck like this ?
I was thinking maybe $4-5K or trade for a nicer jeep or honda or a sportbike. I like gas miliage.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just my .02 worth, but I think you'd be hard pressed to get $3500 in this market. $4000 tops and it would have to be 100%.

Again just my .02, but sounds like a lot of work to do to something you aren't going to keep :dunno

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Round here you can get broncos for around 2-3k in great shape. With the motor built up like that it will need heavier duty clutch more than likely. In good shape good tires and good motor trans and clutch should bring 3000 to 3500 maybe more if u find The perfect buyer.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would get a centerforce dual friction clutch, forgot to add that. Around here people are selling 150K+ mile broncos with some rust for 3K but they are still on craigslist too. With the list of stuff above i would have about $700 into it other than the cost of the bronco itself ($450)

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i have no idea how you could do all that on a 700 budget, usually cars a only something to sink money into that you will only get a fraction back on. i would just expect the unexpected. i usually figure what i will need for my budget and add 30-50% depending on what it is. there is almost always something that pops up and if it dousent i got extra.

if you can do it kudos to you!

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have no idea how you could do all that on a 700 budget, usually cars a only something to sink money into that you will only get a fraction back on. i would just expect the unexpected. i usually figure what i will need for my budget and add 30-50% depending on what it is. there is almost always something that pops up and if it dousent i got extra.

if you can do it kudos to you!

I already have the heads that were given to me, i have the mass air flow equipment from my F150, My father is a body man/painter and all the engine labor i would be doing my self. Only thing to pay for would be the cam, clutch and some other misc stuff.

If i sell teh heads its going to change what i do.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
i would say 2k at most and it better be perfect

I had a hard time selling a 94 eddie bauer 100k bronco 351 a/t with new tires for 2500 4 years ago

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yea broncos are cool trucks but these days there teens miliage keeps them off most peoples shopping list.

hate to say it but you can usually make more parting it out if you have the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online