Broke the *^&#ing dipstick!

tuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I replaced a couple of glowplugs today and figured I'd check the oil, ass clown should've left well enough alone. Well when putting the dipstick back in the tube the dipstick bent and broke off where the flat part attaches to the round part -cuss. Luckly I grabed the flat part before it went down the tube. :hail . Does anybody now if they're available stealer/parts store?

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Well I replaced a couple of glowplugs today and figured I'd check the oil, ass clown should've left well enough alone. Well when putting the dipstick back in the tube the dipstick bent and broke off where the flat part attaches to the round part -cuss. Luckly I grabed the flat part before it went down the tube. :hail . Does anybody now if they're available stealer/parts store?

i might have one for shipping? let me know if you an't find one and i'll look and see if i've got one?

tuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i might have one for shipping? let me know if you an't find one and i'll look and see if i've got one?
That would be great. Let me call a few places tommorrow and I'll let you now. Thanks Ed

norve8c9

Payton
Reaction score
I could use one to if anybody else knows how to get one or has one. I dont really like guessing how much oil it has burned.

tuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
h2odrx I found one at the local bone yard for $10.00. I also called a couple dealers and found one that had one for $26.50 part #F4TZ-6750-B. I got the one from the bone yard. Thanks for the offer though I really apprecitate it ;Sweet . Ed

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if a PSD dipstick would work? Just curious for the sake of keeping track of any cross over parts.

tuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if a PSD dipstick would work? Just curious for the sake of keeping track of any cross over parts.
Well for what its worth I did check to see if the one from my 02 would work but it was longer. Maybe the earlier version would work :confused: .

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is F4TZ-6750-B the dipstick or the Dipstick tube? Fordparts shows F4TZ-6750-A as "INDICATOR ASSEMBLY - OIL" and F4TZ-6750-B as "SENDER ASSEMBLY - OIL LEV" I need the tube itself. If anyone knows where to get one, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
Peter Arnsdorff

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Petri,

how much of your dipstick tube is missing??

If you still have the swaged section that fits in the block, you can braze on a tube from an automatic transmission and use that dipstick.

Just drain the oil and add the proper amount, run it until the filter is full, and shut it off on a level surface.

Once the oil settles, you can insert the replacement dipstick and adjust it to show full at the proper level, or file a new full mark.

On second thought, leave it lacking two quarts, then mark it at that level; then, add one quart and mark that level; then, add the last quart and mark FULL.

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tube is just mangled as h*** and won't go all the way into the block hole. It just loosely "sits" partially in and can be pulled out easily. Makes the dipstick useless. If it makes a difference, the engine is a 1984 "B" engine.

By the way, :hail :hail ;Sweet ;Sweet for the cummins powered F350!!!!!
Thanks
Peter A.

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the little adapter that goes between the block and the tube? Or are you tring to stick the tube into the block?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are I believe 3 different styles of dipsticks and tubes for our engines. The early engines had a single piece tube and no support bracket, but there was a clip that supported it. Later models had a two piece tube, with a valve cover support, and then on the 7.3 there was I think a single piece tube with a support. Any of the 3 can be used, but you'll need to get all the parts that go together to use it.

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I am refering to is a small piece that is usually in the block, and does not come out when you pull the dipstick tube. It is only about 1" long, and it is an adapter to allow the tube to be inserted into the smaller hole in the block.
It was there on my 6.9(89), and also on my 7.3(90). And the support for the dipstick was differant on both of these trucks.
Just an idea.

Doug