Broke down on I-75

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hundred miles South of Atlanta on I-75 at exit 117. Lift pump went out, fuel in crankcase, bearings are shot, rattle rattle. Need a place to park truck and trailer. Further info soon as Jim "OnDaRoad" gets back to me. Who is in Georgia that can help. He has no computer or smart phone, I'm just relaying the info to and from him. Any help appreciated.

Last edited:

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ouch, I'm way to far away to be of much use but I'm sure someone around here is bound to be in that area who can help out some.

Best of luck
B

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to my atlas, Georgia exit #s DO NOT coincide with the mile-markers. cookoo

Unless they have recently changed this, Exit #117 is NOT south of Atlanta, but NORTH of Atlanta by about fifteen miles near Marietta.

The Rand McNally I am looking at is dated 1994, so ?maybe? Georgia has re-numbered their exits to coincide with the mile-markers since then. :dunno

What town is he located at ??

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he is infact 100 miles or so south of atlanta ..... Georgia is now like most other non new england states...... been that way ever since I started driving truck and that was in 1997.

I have a cousin down there but I just called him and he is in Nebraska so I can't help other than to say drive it easy and maybe it will get home.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the response. Everything is under control now. He is parked at a Sunoco station off of exit 117 on I-75. I'm going down and get him in the morning, 741 miles from me.

Bill

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
now thats what you call a friend right there! 741 miles! sorry i wasnt able to help if i was around atlanta i woulda stopped and help.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Just saw this post. GA 400 is the only highway here that is not exit / mile relation. 117 on 75 is south of the ATL. Good luck guys.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fell last Friday afternoon and screwed up my neck, can't drive for awhile, so Jim is still there. He is reluctant to drive far for fear it will throw a rod. It's a 165 miles to Flowery Branch GA from Pinehurst GA

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am talking it over with the wife now. I am not sure what we could do for it. I have no rig that can haul his. Maybe I can drive out there and get him, but that will not fix his problem. If my daully was rinning I would happily drag his rig back here and help him repair it.

My wife had surgery yesterday so let me see how she is going to be and I will see what I can get done for him. I might know some one who can help.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the thought Lonesome7. Every thing is OK now, Jim's friend went down today to tow the trailer back. The truck is going to stay there and is for sale for $2000. Know anyone interested call Jim @260-804-6695.

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with a friend of mine. We had worked out a plan to try and help. I fear we may have made it worse though. After he gets settled in I might know some one who will want his truck. That will negate him having to take it back up north.