breaking other trucks with your idi

bayou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so on friday i went to a local 4wd park with my 4door, started climbing hills like i do in my toyota:rotflmao so at one point or anouther i put my foot into it and puff a little smoke, after i have my fun a guy with a lifted ext cab chevy asks if i think my ford will pull his chevy, well duh! of course it will. so we chain up (first time ever) all his buddys are telling me how easy im gonna get owned, haha ok. so i wait till i feel him pull and i eas into the throttle and start tugging, after i pull him about 5feet then hear his engine hit the revlimiter, twisted his rear d-shaft in half;Sweet but i dont carry a camera, so no pics :(

so i want to know, what have you broke/out pulled with your idi?

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
so on friday i went to a local 4wd park with my 4door, started climbing hills like i do in my toyota:rotflmao so at one point or anouther i put my foot into it and puff a little smoke, after i have my fun a guy with a lifted ext cab chevy asks if i think my ford will pull his chevy, well duh! of course it will. so we chain up (first time ever) all his buddys are telling me how easy im gonna get owned, haha ok. so i wait till i feel him pull and i eas into the throttle and start tugging, after i pull him about 5feet then hear his engine hit the revlimiter, twisted his rear d-shaft in half;Sweet but i dont carry a camera, so no pics :(

so i want to know, what have you broke/out pulled with your idi?

What mods do you have on your rig and was the Chevy a gasser?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i pulled a house down well more hunting cabin size.
i tested my bumper by hitting an f250 scrap truck at 35, it had a bumper size dent and a non functioning door.
i also pulled that truck around a yard with the ebrake locked up and no steering.
i pulled a broke semi about 1000 feet.
and a lot more crap

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Broke alot of trucks with mine. Tore alot of hitches off too. Pulled to many out that I can't remember all

bayou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What mods do you have on your rig and was the Chevy a gasser?

custom Y pipe, then 3.5" to a 4" stack, cut the intake restrictor out, and i had my local shop biuld a 3900 rpm injector pump, thats it,
it was a 454 powered 3500 4wd.

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
custom Y pipe, then 3.5" to a 4" stack, cut the intake restrictor out, and i had my local shop biuld a 3900 rpm injector pump, thats it,
it was a 454 powered 3500 4wd.

I am thinkin :bs

Unless the 454 was missing on a few cylinders.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score

Why is that? There are a lot of factors besides just power involved here.
Gearing, traction and maybe the other guys drive shaft had already been hammered hard and was on it's way out regardless of what truck or maybe trail finished it.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine pulled a loaded 5.4 superduty with 4:30 gears backwords, and that was before the new injectors and such. It ran like dog ***** back then and had a broken rear spring..

bayou

Full Access Member
Reaction score

its all about traction, i was pulling and he was spinning and digging.

my 350 powered toyota wont pull my brothers stocker AT ALL because he has more traction. (he made me look like a fool!)

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i pulled a buddy of mines roll back international wrecker heavy sob! thas for sure has the steel bed. he had an oil pressure problem i cant remember but yep pulled him down the highway to a parking lot i thought it was kinda funny in my opinion......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online