Brake woes

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
So it sounds like NAPA brake shoes , for some reason, have a super sticky (grabby), maybe soft compound.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My brake shoes from Oreilly are extremely grabby the first time I use them. The end of my street is sloped and slow so what I do normally is speed up a bit and lock the rears before the sign. Doesn't lock up the rest of the day following. I went thru and verified everything you guys recommended in here, readjusted, etc. no fix. Wear pattern looks good so just going to let it buck. I usually touch my hubs after driving to make sure it isn't warm I am not losing any fluid anywhere.

I like to think of it as an emergency stop practice. It is also enjoyable as the junction is a T and the hamster house (3 kia souls outside) has a guy who smokes in his car sometimes and his face as I skid towards him is priceless.

PROFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wear pattern sounds like shoes not same "diameter" as drums. Top of front shoe wears more moving forward, etc. Check by placing shoe in drum. JMTCW

PROFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, BITOD, in a galaxy far away, I remember grinding the shoes to match the reground drums, on cars. Almost no one grinds drums anymore so linings probably match stock drum diameter and need some time to wear in. Does not seem like this would cause grabbing but???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online