Bought the 86 f350, swap begins

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys just wanted to tell you that i bought the 86 f350 and this thing is cherry, man its nice i almost hate to not put a factory motor back in but hey why the heck not.

Any ways i was crawling around underneath it and it appeared to have a np transfer case? I thought all the one tons were bw's? Its gvwr is 9000lbs so im confused why ford would put in that junker.

So ill be going with a first or second gen 12v cummins, and i need some ideas for the drivetrain as my truck is the c6auto 460 gasser. I am sticking with the auto tranny period end of story but want to get the cummins in there, my first thought is a good 727 with a np205 on the back, but i would like to be able to just bolt up to my gasser c6, and i know it can be done because after extensive searching on the forums on the net i found a handful who have done it but cant get in contact with them to ask them how. Does the e40d have the same pattern etc as a c6?

Ceejmo

Smoke a Ricer today
Reaction score
Does the e40d have the same pattern etc as a c6?

I'm not sure about the bolt pattern but the E4OD is an electronically controlled transmission. It takes readings from the vehicle speed sensor, the throttle position sensor and the tachometer to execute the shifts.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so after some sticker shock i might end up having to use the 727 tranny and 241 case because of the extreme cost of even the good cores for a overdrive rebuild.

How similar are the c6 as far as mounting etc?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online