Bosh vs Beru?

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not be suprized if the bosch gp's were as bad as their 02 sensors. I ran some delphi gp's and they were fine

rob93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problems with my Bosch gps so far. Have close to a year on them. However I haven't had any real cold starts here in South Florida.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my experience Bosch work great with manual systems. Using a controller tends to run them too long. Never had one swell either.

Vw diesel crowd loves em'. Some here are beru or die, i dont blame them after the autolite/champions that tend to swell or deform. But ive ran bosch n beru just fine, bosch get hot quicker from my experience

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran Bosch glow plugs for a while. At least in my truck, they did not seem to get as "hot" as the Beru's do. However, they did work okay and did not swell. I did relace them with Beru's and that is all I will use from now on.

RavenTBK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. One less set available. ;)

With my other cars all being Mercedes, I agree Bosch branded items are good...as long as they're not from the new assembly lines in India or Japan. Those new sources suck. :( Guess we'll see where these are made when they arrive.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do carry the Lucas/Delphi glow plugs. They came with the business, so not my first choice, but apparently something I can get easily. I've put some in for various customers and have not had any issues, but then it's only been a year.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a set of Bosch in our International uhaul but that was my only experience with them. I've had very good luck with ac delco plugs also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin