bolts..

wanabebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so i looked and searched and couldn't find it.. to all of those who have used hockey pucks for body lifts. where did you get your longer bolts? or were yours long enough to reuse? i am in the process of doing this to my dads crew cab and the bolts for the front will work again but the ones for the back won't.. :dunno thanks for the help.

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
Hockey pucks are not a good idea

I disagree. Some mechanical engineers in the UP have been using them for years with no ill effects. At first I would agree with you, but after his testimony, and he's a hard wheeler, I would be totally comfortable putting them under most any rig. I also suspect they would hold up better than stock bushings, which most are all cracked and rotted out by now.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I disagree. Some mechanical engineers in the UP have been using them for years with no ill effects. At first I would agree with you, but after his testimony, and he's a hard wheeler, I would be totally comfortable putting them under most any rig. I also suspect they would hold up better than stock bushings, which most are all cracked and rotted out by now.

I have seen then crack in half and fall out on more than one truck. Very unsafe

wanabebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well trust me, if one breaks and falls out.. thats not the worst thing thats happened to me in my life in a vehicle.. and like all else i'll just fix it.. and with is truck i am the one doing a cab change out on it. cause when i bought the thing the cab on it was crushed, so if a puck broke and came out. thats kind of the last of my worries..

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Just don't buy cheap chinese pucks. Good 'merican or canadian pucks will hold up nicely. They are made from good rubber..

I had to make new ones for the rear of the cab from all thread, moved the original bolts from that position up to the front of the cab and made the ones at the rad support from all thread

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
i used some hockey pucks to replace my one mount and its holdin up just fine i know a couple guys that took the thick a$$ cow bed mats and used that

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Been runnin good ole American made puck now for over 3 years and all is well.

As far as the bolts go, several swapped around will fit in different locations and IIRC I only had to buy 6 longer bolts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat