body lift for turbo install?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I"m doin a 3" and some mod work to firewall to fit heads..no rubbin there for sure!

Ya leafs what are those?

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long have people been using pucks without trouble in cold weather? I saw a few people somewhere else bashing the idea for local usage because it would only be a matter of time before they crumble and disintegrate... I'm a bit skeptical of their skepticism, and am wondering about actual experience?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe Ron (Dsl_Dog_Treet), has hockey pucks on Goldie, and has for years. He lives in Middle Michigan (Grand Rapids Area) and he's not said anything about having issues with the pucks......

Hopefully he will see this and chime in......

bullfisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and did my turbo install without the lift, and it worked ok with a little prybar convincing to the firewall. I can see however, that a bodylift woud greatly improve the process. Especially if someone had rotten body mounts.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
How long have people been using pucks without trouble in cold weather? I saw a few people somewhere else bashing the idea for local usage because it would only be a matter of time before they crumble and disintegrate... I'm a bit skeptical of their skepticism, and am wondering about actual experience?

Have had my pucks in now for over 5 years. No problems so far and made IDI turbo installs less painfull. Still need to splice and roll the firewall/floor pan pinch welds over tho.

For the Cummins swap, no firewall bashing was done to clearance for the rear valve cover.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pucks failing in cold weather....hmm....seems like that's some kind of myth we need to have busted...

Let me see....they are frozen before the games....then placed on cold ice...then bashed around by sticks, hitting all manner of objects from glass to steel tubes and goalies and don't explode what so ever...

Ya pucks have my vote for a 1" lift only.....

Anyone else see the logic in a puck failing in winter?

Gotta say that thought is Pucked IMHO

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured they'd probably be fine, and I like to check with people who've done it rather than trust the nay sayers who haven't. Might have to try it myself one of these days!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lady Moose has hockey pucks for many years also. Although she doesn't get the bad treatment Ron's trucks get.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seem to recall reading somewhere that they dry out and start to rot/crack/crumble after a while which I think is the main point the pucking naysayers drive at.

It would seem a good point to raise that factory body mounts also start to rot/crack/crumble after a while too and probably sooner than hockey pucks would I would bet.

Either way I believe that DOT (at least here in Canada) will smack you if they find a hockey puck lift. But who gets pulled over by those guys anyhow? :)