bobcat runaway issue,wow!

imfixinmopars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another post,sorry for the hoggin'. i have a 863 turbo bobcat,and the other day i tipped it to the front,over about half way.the bucket was about eye level,and it hit the dirt pile i was near.i shut off the unit,and it didnt shut off,and quickly rev'ed up a lot.all systems were shut off,but it still ran on,later i was told it was running on engine oil,via turbo drain tube?is this normal?wow it really overreved,and i had to crawl out of the unit and get a loader to tip it back,and then it died.the engine seems to run fine now,but it was stupid scary,any ideas? thanks

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It got a source of fuel somehow, might want to check the intake for oil to verify that's what it was running on and back track from there to find out where it came from.

Only thing I've actually ever seen cause this has been broken natural gas lines and once we had a bad injection pump on an L10 Cummins in a dump truck. Really can't help you more than that.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
|stupid Yep it was gettin fuel/oil from some place I don't know anything about bobcats. but I'd look for a clogged cdr or PVC type of leak letting oil into the intake system.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
|stupid Yep it was gettin fuel/oil from some place I don't know anything about bobcats. but I'd look for a clogged cdr or PVC type of leak letting oil into the intake system.

PVC:confused: Poly Vinyl Cloride ......AKA plasic pipe;Poke LOL

Ok I'll letcha of da hook, it's late, I know you mean PCV

imfixinmopars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i havent ck it out yet,it starts and runs ok,but i would like to find the issue.it was scary to be in the unit,on its face,overrevin'...crappy day,lol. i would think that bobcat would have designed the unit to not do this,im sure.thanks for the input!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online