Black truck cold start

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Justin does the low cylinder come on once you have her up an running? It could be a little low on compression but hopefully it's the injector.

A slightly ******* injector will run bad till the engine is warm then it will start hitting, no it wont be 100% but it will hit trust me i went threw this a bunch:puke:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah I'm thinking injectors are due. Definatly has a haze, can be seen real easy at night with someone behind you.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't agree with outright replacement of injectors without testing them, well maybe if the truck has 300K miles on it or has see some seriously bad fuel you can be sure that's your problem. Only problem is finding somebody to test them who won't charge you an arm and a leg and then finding some other way to get around until you get everything thrown back together.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I don't agree with outright replacement of injectors without testing them, well maybe if the truck has 300K miles on it or has see some seriously bad fuel you can be sure that's your problem. Only problem is finding somebody to test them who won't charge you an arm and a leg and then finding some other way to get around until you get everything thrown back together.

No, I would find the bad injector and replace. This is our farm truck, fix it, but keep it cheap LOL. Thats the motto.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I understand that line of thinking, these things will run ok with some seriously crappy injectors. A couple years ago I pulled my injectors and 7 out of 8 of them were bad, and last year I pulled them again and I had 3 bad ones. I'll probably pull and test them again over Christmas break, I know I need to do return lines and getting the injectors out s only a little more work. I'd like to get a decent set that are somewhat matched even if they are remans.

bockhold

Diesel Addict
Reaction score
This engine was swapped from another truck so the true millage will never be known. How I came to that was its an 88 model with a 90ish engine. Had to replace the glow plug controller a year or two ago and the 88 part didnt match what was on the engine.

Starter was rebuilt last year btw.

Last edited:

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
This engine was swapped from another truck so the true millage will never be known. How I came to that was its an 88 model with a 90ish engine. Had to replace the glow plug controller and the 88 part didnt match what was on the engine.

Starter was rebuilt last year btw.

Just make sure and get good cable connections and good batteries, then if it still cranks that slow then that starter is not doing its job, it should sound like you can drive to town on the starter when the spin over

FordGuy100

Reaction score
It only started spinning over slow when we took the battery cables off to do the relay. It's a bad connection/cables.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
It only started spinning over slow when we took the battery cables off to do the relay. It's a bad connection/cables.

More than likely, now just have it running bad like it did in that video and crank open injectors lines till you find then bad one, then swap it to another cylinder if the miss moves to that other cylinder then its the injector, if it stays at the origanal cylinder than well its the cylinder

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online