black smoke riddle

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I have consider valve springs and plan to check them once I get into a house with a real garage. Im gonna pull the motor and give it a good once over, reseal it (oil pan gasket is starting to go), and install head studs while Im at it.

It is running considerably better now and Im getting close. I need to turn the full up a hair and set the timing a little more advance. My egt's max at 1000 and the boost tops at 5. The engine sounds MUCH better, but is a little too quite for my ear. I need to get a lumy probe and be done with the pulse adapter.

Im planning on pulling and replacing the injectors. type4 has a hell of a deal going and Im gonna check all mine once I swap them, then they can be a "behind the seat" set or garbage depending on the results.

I think the old pump and crazy timing caused coking due to me not working it hard enough and the air cleaner being clogged. with the new pump, fresh air filter and timing adjusted it is running a lot better, but I still think I can tweak it to "just right".

I am also running a tank of b99 to clear the carbon out and see. Crazy how much better the idi's and mercedes run on b99 than the ulsd crap.

punk

Talking about Bio, our govenor is trying to, or has signed a bill that requires all diesel to be blended with bio, dont know the grade though. Thats the only, acceptable part of that bill IMHO.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he is now working swingshift so he may not be on much when we are.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online