bio Question

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a local thing. We have only one commercial biodiesel plant in FL its just south of me in Dade City, they make fuel out of these horrible rendered chicken parts..cheap feedstock which turns to sludge in the winter. I bought some when I was waiting for my fuel tax permits last year. I think it was about even or maybe a hair cheaper compared to regular diesel last year. As far as your source I'd go with it, that's a good deal, even if it is from rendered animal parts. Its great fuel just make sure to blend in a little more diesel when it gets a bit colder. That's my 2 cents worth.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
I've been running B99 for 5 years now. It will soften old butyl rubber fuel lines. I'd recommend replacing them with something like delco gen-2 or something else manufactured in this millennium.
I haven't had any problems with injection pump seals and I deleted the stock lift pump long ago.
I think that replacing all the rubber parts of our fuel systems is good preventive maintenance on trucks that are 14-24 years old. The hardest ones to *** to are the square profile olives on the hard lines from the filter head to IP etc.

The olives your talking about I never replaced, didnt know they were there. I did do the round ones on the filter to IP line and on the top of motor by the firewall, return line olives. Whats the part number for the square ones your referring to?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The olives are those soft rubber gaskets on the ends of the IP supply line where it attaches to the IP and the fuel filter. They are special IH still has them but getting them to seat right without cutting or puncturing them is no easy task.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A better idea is to get a new fuel line from Tractorman 86 his lines are good and his work is top-notch all for about $30

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
The olives are those soft rubber gaskets on the ends of the IP supply line where it attaches to the IP and the fuel filter. They are special IH still has them but getting them to seat right without cutting or puncturing them is no easy task.

I allready replaced the ones from the filter to IP. Someone was talking about some square ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dented73

Members online