Better mileage with turned up IP?

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
well, ever since some BOOB turned up my IP a flat & a hair (his scientific terminology), i haven't been able to get mpg numbers - i temporarily mounted the pyro right in front of the speedo/odo :eek:
i'll have to fill up on the way home tonight & check my numbers on the next fill-up to see if i get similar results as you Ron... i think i should , seeing how you're the aforementioned BOOB ;Sweet
still need to get inside & crank her up 5 or 6 more flats, though - 75mph @ 2250rpm = only about 600 degees for me here at sea level.

BTW, ron - my neighbor at The Compound set up a log-on ID for me yesterday, so now i can finally post a few pics...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW! :eek: You found a 5 year old thread to dig up and ask that question? :rotflmao

Sorry, but yes, what you heard is correct. However, don't touch your pump unless you have a pyrometer installed and know how to read it.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
However, don't touch your pump unless you have a pyrometer installed and know how to read it.

X 2!! Leave alone if you don't have a pyrometer.

When I 1st read this, I knew it was old when Ron said he's thinking about adding a turbo. I know he's had one on Goldie for years now.

Heath

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
X 2!! Leave alone if you don't have a pyrometer.

When I 1st read this, I knew it was old when Ron said he's thinking about adding a turbo. I know he's had one on Goldie for years now.

Heath

WOW!!!!

The search feature works great!;Sweet

No worries Heath, I think the real post will happen if I EVER get that intercooler installed.;Really

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is interesting.im glad someone found this older thread.
i didn't have any smoke @ WOT to start with,since then iv opened exhaust and added cowl induction.
i really need to get a pyro so i can start to see a light haze at WOT.
i never would have guessed there would be an increase in fuel economy,with the ability to burn more fuel.hmmm.

DSL,
now thats its been 5 yrs or so,do you still feel the average increase has been around 1+MPG?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Ron has a Moose Pump now, those and the DPS pumps are a different animal entirely because the timing curve and fueling curves are different. I have heard of people getting the same or better fuel economy with these and they deliver more fuel. I've heard of people having both increases and decreases in fuel consumption with turning up the fuel. I imagine it's all in how you drive it. What turning up the fuel does is that for any throttle position you have more fuel available than you did at a lower setting, it does not actually increase fuel delivery your foot does that on a mechanical engine.