Best place to buy battery cable supplies?

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
I am no techie but I was forced to deal with this issue after I got my truck home, cables were internally rotten.

I purchased stuff through genuine dealz online(google it).

Partly because they make it so easy to order the wire, shrink wrap, lugs and little pellets.

And I was able to do it myself in the vice at home rather easily.

I also moved to those marine type posts so I could take the wingnut off easily and connect extra things, etc.

They seem to do the job, I can't vouch for technically what is better.

We had the cable to the starter arch on the battery tray a couple months ago which was our fault because we forgot the conduit on that run.

One of those cables let loose at the lug. At first glance it appeared sound until I tugged on it and it came out. The 2 marine posts melted in a way to let loose of the battery posts, but the negative melted through the battery on that side.

Was actually able to pop the hood and use a tshirt to stop the mini fire :)

And surprsingly wrapped the exposed wires in tape, and got it jumped and drove it home.

that place is great. prices are real good and free shipping. thanx!

gatorman21218

Reaction score

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, from my electronics background, the term dialectric grease is alot lilke Coke, or Xerox.... for a carbonated soda beverage, or a copier....

From what I remember there is:
Dialectric grease - which is a non-conductive, and helps to prevent corrosion...
conductive grease - which is conductive and helps to prevent corrosion.

So with this... you would use dialectric grease, where you do not want current flow.... like in a spark plug boot...., in the body of the boot, not at the conductor tip....

Conductive grease, you would use in a situation where you want current flow, and no corrosion. Such as in the electrical connectors on the E4OD, or a battery terminal.

NoALox, is a brand name product, to break it down, it would be No AL ox - No Aluminum (AL) oxidation.... it is a product to use with AL to prevent corrosion and galvonic migration, due to current flow.....

This is what I remember being explained.... but it has been a few years since I heard the explanation.

But I do know for certain, there is conductive grease, and non-conductive grease for electrical connections.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
I forgot about delcity, anyone use them before? I was taught in both my automotive and diesel tech classes the best way was to solder the ends v. crimping. Not sayin which is best but im going to stick with the soldered variety. I use vasoline on all my battery terminals and connection points and never had an issue with corrosion, been doing that since i was old enough to change oil when i was 10 (thanks to my dad for that tip).

Also checked the usually spots (Advance Auto and Autozone) and came up empty. Check NAPA and they could order it but they didnt know what i wanted. I also asked about making them for me and they refered me to the pre-made parts...I wish i was still up school, that NAPA had everything i needed when i did them this to my diesel (i was up there for work and stopped in).

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
awsome, going to compare prices and gather parts.

my g/fs bronco is going to get the large case 3G and upgraded wiring and i am going to re-do the wiring in my F-150 and im going to 3G my deisel so i need a set of charge cables from the alt to the battery. Plus i like to have extra supplies on hand incase i need to add something or make repairs.