best performance chip for the money??

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
looking at buying a chip but not sure what to go with. i want alot of smoke and alot of torque. so i need some opinions. dont really wanna spend over $300 for one as im on a budget. im starting another job this week so ill have a little more money for down pipe and exhaust. thanks!

JesterPgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a TS 6 position chip with generic tunes shipped for about 300.

sheepman

TDS Refugee
Reaction score
Do you have gauges on the truck yet? That should be one thing done 1st. Gauges, exhaust and intake then the chip.

Last edited:

aaklingler

Reaction score
Get your exhaust and gauges then get your chip from total diesel performance or power hungry performance and your stage 1 injectors. Don't get a DP they have been known to blow motors.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
:eek: don't wanna blow my motor! What about a ts chip? I've heard good things from those

sheepman

TDS Refugee
Reaction score
TS Chips is TS performances chip. There are many tunner that use this chip and it can be custom tuned by many of the tuners. Tony Wildman, Power Hungry Perf., Diesel Inovations, Rockn S just to name a few. Also it's the 6pos chip or flip chip as it has been called.

Chips like Banks and super chips are single chips. They can be had for cheap and make good steeping stones but in the end you'll want more power than the can provide.

There are also Programers out there, they put can tunes on your PCM and make OK HP. The don't reprogram the PCM as deep as a Chip can.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
All you will get for 300 is some generic tunes that will run hot and risk blowing an engine. Spend money on gauges and free flowing exhaust first. then invest in a quality custom burned chip from some of the names mentioned

And just so you know, pouring out smoke makes you look like an *** and puts a bullseye on the diesel community:backoff

JesterPgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you will get for 300 is some generic tunes that will run hot and risk blowing an engine. Spend money on gauges and free flowing exhaust first. then invest in a quality custom burned chip from some of the names mentioned

And just so you know, pouring out smoke makes you look like an *** and puts a bullseye on the diesel community:backoff

X2. I went with Diesel Innovations, after I did the intake and exhaust. They gave me a pretty good deal, and I'm pretty happy with the chip.