Best in engine injector cleaner?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
So I'm about to do my injectors, as I feel that part of my lack of power is clogged injectors. Tomorrow morning I'm going to turn the IP screw counterclockwise a bit too. But I'm wondering about what would be the best additive to use to blow out the crud from the fuel system?

I've read that some folks use a liter of acetone in a 15 gallon tank? I dunno thats why I'm asking here.

Any ideas?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Diesel Purge Is some really great stuff for really nasty injector problems . It's a pain to use, have to disconnect the fuel lines and run it in straight, but it REALLy cleans them out. If that stuff doesn't do it, it's time for fresh injectors.

Leave it to the Germans to make some really great products for diesels considering that about 60% of the cars on the road in Europe are diesels, they've had a bit of time to work on these things.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
So, just remove the fuel filter, clamp a hose on the pickup and toss it in a can of DP until it's all used up?

Diesel Purge Is some really great stuff for really nasty injector problems . It's a pain to use, have to disconnect the fuel lines and run it in straight, but it REALLy cleans them out. If that stuff doesn't do it, it's time for fresh injectors.

Leave it to the Germans to make some really great products for diesels considering that about 60% of the cars on the road in Europe are diesels, they've had a bit of time to work on these things.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
So, just remove the fuel filter, clamp a hose on the pickup and toss it in a can of DP until it's all used up?

Almost. You have to get a couple of lengths of hose one for the inlet side of the lift pump and the other for the output of the return where it is supposed to go back to the tank. and you basically bypass the fuel tank and run straight out of the can and route the return line back to the can so it doesn't get diluted in the tank , and you run the stuff till it's gone. For an engine this size it takes about 4 cans, so you can clean out a 2 liter soda bottle and pour the stuff in there and poke the hoses into it and work out of that. a little easier to see what's going on. It will take a while to burn all that stuff and you need to vary the engine speed a bit during the process

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
none of my local shops seem to have this stuff. where do I get the best price on the 'Net?

Lately I've been getting it from these guys when the import place in the city is out.

Here's the company's website, basically the same spiel

As for biodiesel cleaning injectors, not so great. It's great at cleaning out old fuel tanks, but injectors can get gummed up by the stuff. Those same folks in Germany ( where they sell Bio diesel at most fuel stations and last time I checked, even the German highway patrol was burning the stuff in their diesel BMWs on the Autobahn) sell an aditive to clean out the residue left in injectors left by biodiesel here last time I checked, they still weren't importing it to the US, not enough market for it here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726