Best Carrier/Center Support Bearing

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After towing my race car a couple of times, I was getting some vibration and now that I have inspected the u-joints and driveshaft, it is obvious that the rubber surrounding the bearing is very soft and can be moved by hand. Anybody want to share their thoughts on where to purchase and how much to pay for best carrier bearing for a 93 extended 4wd? I would be happy to put in a heavier duty version if somebody has some experience with installation and/or shimming.

As always, any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

R. J.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best carrier/support bearing is a Gear Vendors overdrive. LOL

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good point Mel, my 4.11s would definitely appreciate it, especially with the camper and race car in tow, but right now I just want to get my truck "vibration free" for now.

On another note: I really like your steering damper, it looks good and appears up and out of the way. My truck just has an add a leaf in front, but I was wondering what kit did you use and where did you mount it to?

Thanks

R. J.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh golly... I think that is a Hecko Big Yellow steering stabilizer. Yes, the original shock was yellow. I'm sure that company has been gone for decades. Pretty simple though. You could fab something up easily enough. The stationary end bolts to the frame. My vote for the carrier bearing is to stick with genuine Ford parts.