Beru Part #

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shopping for both trucks. I found 1111 and 1108.... which one, or can I get both?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Neither one of those.. Those part numbers are autolites.... Or as well known around here... Crapolites.. The spade connecter on the 6.9 plugs are Beru DZ1A and the 7.3 plugs with the bullet connecters are the ZD9 plugs. The actual printed motorcraft part number on the bags is posted in the parts bin. Sad thing is I have 48 ZD9 plugs around here somewhere but now I can't find them....-cuss:dunnocookoo

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darn it.

Hear me out before you let the spankings fly:

For the work truck which will get probably be used for less than 5k miles a year, can I take a chance on the Autolites? Even just for now?

This truck has 239k on it and has trouble waking up when the temp is in the 50's...

My white Princess truck I can wait forever for the right parts...

rockbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would, without a doubt, just order Beru's from Rockauto or even go to the Ford Dealership. Even if it is a couple bucks more (and it shouldn't be more than that) my time is worth way more than that.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'll send you 8 new Beru ZD9. PM me your addy. I'll let you know the cost, cheaper than on Ebay.

DON'T USE AUTOLITE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

gandalf

Reaction score
Darn it.

Hear me out before you let the spankings fly:

For the work truck which will get probably be used for less than 5k miles a year, can I take a chance on the Autolites? Even just for now?

This truck has 239k on it and has trouble waking up when the temp is in the 50's...

My white Princess truck I can wait forever for the right parts...

Spankings??? Ohhhh...*****:thumbsup:

The Autolites and Champions are fine, until you open the package and install them. That would be a serious error in judgment. Believe in the group wisdom, young Padawon, and use Beru or Motorcraft ONLY. There are many sad tales here on the forum by members who didn't believe.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like all the others have said, I will echo their suggestion.

BERU/MOTORCRAFT ONLY!

Champion and Autolite will fail and swell, getting stuck and forcing you to do expensive things you don't want to do and wouldn't have to do if Motorcraft plugs were used.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sixteen on the way as of 2:00PM. Should get them by Wednesday. Little bonus no charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat