Beru glowplugs?

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing about beru glow plugs. Where do you get them and what is the difference? Eason

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
either a ford dealer or international dealer will have them. Or if you dont need them right away check ebay theres always sets on there for sale.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Autozone sells them for less than your local dealer - part number should be ZD-9 for the bullet type connector - I don't know the part number for the spade type terminal ones. When you get them from Autozone they come in a motorcraft package.

I don't know what exactly the difference is between Beru and other makes of glow plugs but they just don't have a habit of swelling the tips - which can make removal fun to say the least. Because the last thing you want is a tip that is swollen and then it breaks off because you need to get the entire thing out of the head because you can't fit a gnats ass hair between the piston and the head when at TDC. You could either break the piston, or at the very least it will pound it into the piston and become embeded. Typically it turns out for the bad.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
I got the ones from where Gary just posted up the link..... they were real quick about shipping them too, and I don't believe you will find them anywhere else cheaper. They were about the same price shipped on ebay as well..... your call...

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autozone (did) sell them...until they lowered the price to 2.99 each to clear stock.
My bad for not purchasing a few sets at the time.:rolleyes:

Yup, only I got 3 sets while they were $2.99 apiece!

BTW, with the bullet type connector the part # id ZD-9 but with the spade (flat) type connector, the part # is ZD-1A