Bent frame leading to bumper/tire clearance issues

rl_tn

Reaction score
I put new tires and wheels on my 1993 f250 xlt recently, going from 235/85/16 to 265/75/16. That's when I noticed that on left hand turns, the front right tire and front bumper rub. No bueno.

I tried bending the bumper away and it got a bit better, but still rubs, so I took it off for a closer look. I found that the right bumper mount and frame connection are bent inward a bit and thrust forward - ie the frame is bent.

What are my options to address this? I imagine that in addition to the tire rub issue the frame being bent like that may have other impact as well?

Will post pics from home - out and about right now with the fam.

rl_tn

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

sassyrel

Reaction score
find a reaaaal good frame shop,,that dont charge a arm and a leg..if its just the front horn part,,wont take much,,nor cost much..if the frame is bent,,more cost,,but will have a hard time to get it to align correct,,and may chew up tires...

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
x2 on the should be pretty easy/cheap if it's all in front of the cross member. Find a reputable frame shop. Good luck.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's it drive? Does it eat tires?

I would probably start by measuring diagonals on the frame. Measure diagonals from matched holes on each side of the frame and see how they compare. Then you might get an idea of how bad it's bent and how far back it's bent. I'd be interested to see if the frame is slightly diamond shaped. Or it it's just ahead of the crossmember. Either way a good frame shop should be able to pull it out. I'd guess probably 250 min to get it pulled if it's bad enough to need a pull.

If it's just pushed over a little bit and the rest of the frame is square I'd maybe just try to push it back with a ******** the other frame rail. Or maybe a come along off a tree.