Before and after crew/brick....Body and paint.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing looks sweet. Love the color.

Crazy-why do you have to put a top on to make them happy? What's the difference?

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score

Crazy-why do you have to put a top on to make them happy? What's the difference?

make it look like a SUV. Not suppose to have pickup's in the neighborhood. All my neighbors except one like me so except for that guy, no one else cares.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score

make it look like a SUV. Not suppose to have pickup's in the neighborhood. All my neighbors except one like me so except for that guy, no one else cares.

DragRag

Reaction score
Looks good. A lil orange pealy but good for your of your work trucks

Ya, it does have slight orange peal, more towards the back then front though. Over all I am pretty happy with it, especially for the price. I never expect perfection for what I pay, but they do a real nice job. The drag pack convertibles are where I expect perfection, and he'll I ran out of those back in 09'. Few and far between these days. I realize most have no idea what that might be. DragRag is short for drag pack convertible, as in convertible Torino. Lots of fun was had, google 09' of may in hemmings muscle machines if that article is still floating around. That was the last high end muscle I did.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Nice looking truck and excellent Torino. My dad had a 70 Torino GT, blue on blue with blue lazer stripe. 351C/4 speed. Always had a soft spot for those years and 66-67 Fairlane/Comets. So was that car urs that u sold or just did work on? Either way, top notch. I have that issue, that rag is nice.

DragRag

Reaction score
It was mine, I had that one and two others. I had a couple 429cj's also. Not as great, but still lovely.

Here is the first one I bought and restored. It sold for $165,000 final value with the juice' which was a touch more then what the yellow car went for. The maroon car was a laser stripe car also, but not pictured in that article in the link. Both of these cars ended up real nice when finished. I did these cars at the top of my game so to speak. My next convertible will be a 351c 4v to with 4 speed, they get much better mileage then the big engines. I like to cruise to the city once in a while, it would cost 100 one way with the 429 cars. The 351's will best 20 mpg easily on the highway. I like them all though, good mpg or not.

http://www.russoandsteele.com/past-collector-car/1970-Ford-Torino-GT/2369

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Nice looking Torino. I friend of mine has a Talladega and no one even know what it is because they were so rare.

DragRag

Reaction score
Nice looking Torino. I friend of mine has a Talladega and no one even know what it is because they were so rare.

The talladega is a nice car, I know all about them, never owned one though. The column shift only option is a bit of a turn off. Converting one to a boss 429 and 4 speed as raced would give me a chubby though. :love:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
The talladega is a nice car, I know all about them, never owned one though. The column shift only option is a bit of a turn off. Converting one to a boss 429 and 4 speed as raced would give me a chubby though. :love:

His is an all original restored by the Local Ford dealer with all NOS parts/ It is a dark blue w the black interior.

You are right, kinda weird a NASCAR car built with a C6 and bench seat. But the 428 ***** and gits. He has a 69 Plymouth Superbird too. But it is a 440/727 car, not a 426
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1604963732763&set=a.1352387938526.2042294.1496233460&type=3

DragRag

Reaction score
The body legitimized via Torino, and engine legitimized via Mustang. Both cars needed shock tower work to shoe horn it in. I really don't see why Ford did it that way. Obviously the Torino body for aero, but the engine in another car to qualify, it baffles me. Ford lost money on every Boss 429 mustang anyway, why not just put the engine in the car you plan on racing in? I'm sure in google land it is explained somewhere. Ah.....who cares anyway right? They are all cool cars anyway.

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would spray in the liner if I were to keep it, this one is headed down the road. Some I keep, some I flip. The ones I flip are usually the best I have. My guys will not think twice about trashing this truck, there fuggin animals.

Truck looks great! :hail Put me on the list if it's headed down the road. Seriously, I've been wanting a crew cab like that forever! Is it a 5 speed or Auto?

And that Torino!:love:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online