been awhile, the 7.3 idi didnt make it (tears)

jordanjohngse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey yall, some may rememeber some wont been about 3-4 months i reckon, just a quick refresher i was the young military guy here in norfolk,va with my truck aka molly. posted stuff on how to turn my pump down, and i had fuel tank issues and what not. and was going for the military tribute truck for when i retired. well, thanks to common wealth norfolk, truck got towed last week for being too ugly and it being...broke down and at parade rest those who are ex/active duty military you get my drift. i pushed her to the limits and being e4 pay and have a family i couldnt afford the nessesary repairs in a full weekend to get her up and pass stupid state inspection. so what happen? i truely tested ford tough. 4 broken wheel studs,right side king pin broke, rear brakes comletly got shot (towing 15k of steel/brass) but i may add power wise from PA to richmond va for a non turbo i was feeling confident,broke motor mount, snaped steering gear box from frame after my steering pump and high pressure line failure as well, she started to stick open so occassionaly a run away diesel started happening, bolts holding bed started breaking, i still dont know why but starting in first and reverse the whole truck shakes(thinking motor mounts), lost 4wd due to hub failure and 4l/4h having there good and bad days, sunk her in mud holes to where water came in cab, starter going out, death wobble from holy hell started, all this in 2 months time. how ever the 5spd and engine i manage to get 20 mpgs unless she unloads wide opens never skiped a beat thanks to facet duralift pump haha. im military but paying child support my diesel was making me money that payed child support off everymonth and payed itself but the weekend gigs consist of towing on roads one minute then blazing trails in backwoods next minute then towing other trucks out sticky situations. so i thought it would be polite for me to say she is gone. and im now rocking a 2000 chevy ext cab 1500 5.3 gasser. little lift 33's, camo trim 16-18 mpg stroked with a modern 327 i guess you can say. gas price and maintnence is nice. but now way this little girl will do half of what i call molly did. but i also wanted to say thanks for everyone i can remember but those who helped me get my ford running and helped me keep her running and dealed with me as a nooby, thanks guys. i praise about this website all the time. my lil chevy will get me buy tell next spring when i go on a 10 month deployment around the world re doing the great white fleet sail back in the early 1900's so intell then ill be surfing here and there and from all the nuts and bolts and tear downs i did on my truck ill try and pitch my 02 cents. but for now im shopping for 8 months for my dream (do it all truck) that i will buy after deployment to serve me for my harsh living style for when i move back to the northwest. but for all i went through, that 7.3 idi was one tough cookie and she may not be fast but she did make cummins and duramax people shake my hand and saying "i never seen a idi like yours go through the sh&* she did my truck couldnt do it" cheers to international and those who keep these 6.9 and 7.3 alive and well yall for ever be in my hearts

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You did go thru a lot. Sad to learn the truck is gone now too but.. It sreved you well beyond the newer plastic crap. And thanks so much for your service to our great country.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well at least there are lots of those trucks in the northwest for your next one. My buddy will be selling his spare ex cab sometime so keep in touch

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Too bad about your truck. You'll be able to find another when you're ready. I'm glad they don't tow vehicles for being ugly here! I'd never have anything to drive! lol

jordanjohngse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i was really worke up,becuase all it would take was about maybe a week of leave and 500 bucks of cherry picking at junkyards and she would of been fine. m little gaser is already falling apart thanks to plastic everything and eletronics seats. i know the world is coming to a new era with emissions and the market of people wanting faster and new stuff but i cant go that route after what my truck did and watching older fords go through the same when i get out im defently buying another one without a doubt. i might even do the powerstroke route 99 being the latest when everything is still forged steel, but tell you what between yall and that thing my knowledge of diesels and just heavy trucks in general went through the roof learning expierence on my end too i dont blame virginia there laws been in affect before i got here just sad that they could atleast let me tow it in the driveway or back yard with a privacy fence but here if they can see it they have legal rights to tear down fences and take it away. but ill be on here as much as i can now i got time before deployment and build knowldge and help others and my last months at sea before home portill defently be putting myself out there for anyone wanting to make room at there place and pass down another along to me:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Staff online