Bd biz

theshyguy

Reaction score
Anyody thought of starting their own Biodiesel biz? I've been tossing the idea around for 2 years but am really leaning on it right now.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I for one think it's a great idea! I would love to do something like that, but have nowhere near the capital or resources to even imagine doing something on a commercial scale (heck, I don't even have the facilities to brew my own!)...

I say, if you have the ability, go for it! BUT, keep in mind that you'll need to either grow or find a source of ****** oil. I don't think that bio-D made with waste oil will sell all that well, not to mention being more of a PITA to make on a large scale and finding enough sources of WVO to be able to produce on a commercial level...

There's a station locally that's finally selling B-99 at competitive levels with conventional diesel fuel, so it can be done...

theshyguy

Reaction score
Most people wouldnt know what BD was so it being from WVO or SVO isnt a big deal or I dont see it as. I dont really have anywhere either except back at my parents place so if I didnt I'd have to do it there unless I could find a partner that had a place.

Just thinking out loud.

Last edited: