BB injector status/availability

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you all should know by now, I announced last fall that we had bought the remaining inventory of new Delphi BB injectors, since Delphi had announced that they were no longer manufacturing them. We had a LOT of them. Not surprisingly, they have been flying off the shelves, and in the last 6 months, what we hoped would last a year, has proven to be a surprisingly short time. We are now getting low. Prices for everything go up each year, and we hold them off as best we can, but effective April 1st, there will be a price bump on many of our products, including BB's. "But why Mel, if you have already bought the injectors, do you need to increase the price?" I agree. It makes me look like a money grubber. But, the reality is that we need to posture for what must come after the Delphi's are gone. What that is exactly, is something we are figuring out. In all likelihood, we will be offering two standard injector products. One will be a low cost re-build from another supplier, which we will pop and pressure match as we have with all our new injector products in the past. This will keep injectors affordable for those who are on a budget. The other will be a re-manufactured in-house product which will be of Conestoga Diesel Injection quality and life service. Like our Moose Pumps, an in-house product will have to go through the same kind of laborious process that produces something we are proud to offer and comfortable selling knowing that it will last and perform for the long haul. Building an injector ourselves is going to cost more than what everyone is used to paying, so the remaining sets of BB's will start to ramp up to that price level so that once we run out of them, we can continue to offer an equivalent injector with the same quality and performance as what everyone currently expects from the Delphi units. The additional profit will help fund the tooling needed to produce our own injectors. Expect the prices to slowly go up each month, or as the remaining stock is depleted. Obviously, if you all read this and we get 20 orders for injectors today, all this planning becomes irrelevant. Seriously, this is not a ploy to sell injectors. It would be easier just to push the prices up and not tell you about it, but you all know I'm a fair and honest guy and I tell you things so that you understand, and not gossip. These are difficult times, and we are doing the best we can to keep the IDI afloat as a venerable and preferable diesel for the foreseeable future. Moose Mister injectors are still available on the Delphi platform, and those too will have to go through a process to bring them along in the new format once we run out.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If a person has a set of BB injectors, you can rebuild them????

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By and large, the nozzles on BB injectors are pretty shot by the time they need to be rebuilt. There are nozzle seat grinder tools out there that would allow us to re-work old nozzles, but the down side is you can never get the same spray performance as you can with new tips. So our re-manufactured injectors, once in production, will use new nozzles. We can rebuild injectors, and have sold some sets in the past, but it makes more sense to offer them on an exchange basis rather than rebuilding yours directly.

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
I know Russ (typ4) has started selling the Stanadyne 'D' code injectors, how do these compare to the 'BB' Delphi?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost identical, I tested and tried each in the dually, no perceptible difference.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Mel should take a trip to Mexico and buy the machinery to manufacture the Injectors. Probably get them at scrap price. :hail :D :rolleyes:

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, Mel. It's an unfortunate reality that as IDI engine technology becomes increasingly outdated, the expense to maintain them goes up.
Is there a reliable source for new injector nozzles available?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online