"bb" code injectors in an IDIT?

93iditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought a set of almost new bb codes off a local classified site, i just talked to a local diesel shop and he said that the bb's came out of old 6.9's and shoudnt be installed in my truck, is he right?

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Put them in and ask us first. I have bb's in mine and won't go back to the factory 94 g codes

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He obviously hasn't tried to buy any, there is almost nothing else available.

mobilemech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if he tells you they are the wrong ones, he's counting on a parts sell, a set of reboxed BB's. As typ4 stated that's about all you can get new

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I ran nothing but G codes with my turbo... Felt like it ran great..... So I bought a set of BB codes from typ4...:eek: **** howdy they ran so much better... It was like adding two extra cylinders tomy engine... Now I really didn't expect much if any change but wow.... The Bb codes are the best injector over the counter we can buy.... If there are those that feel this information is not true please remove the G and install the BB.... Then post back and talk about what you "feel" now.... A rebuilt set of any codes will not preform like a new set so don't try that either. Rebuilding any injector costs way more than a completely new injector... So just what are these rebuilders doing... Cleaning them and charging you for rebuilts.... If we could buy the rebuild parts we would be doing it but they are almost as expensive as a new injector... Delhpi is made in mexico... If I knew where I would go there and buy some spare parts.... I'm not afraid of no mecican drug cartels..... Well at least from my side of the computer....:angel:

surfib

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran nothing but G codes with my turbo... Felt like it ran great..... So I bought a set of BB codes from typ4...:eek: **** howdy they ran so much better... It was like adding two extra cylinders tomy engine... Now I really didn't expect much if any change but wow.... The Bb codes are the best injector over the counter we can buy.... If there are those that feel this information is not true please remove the G and install the BB.... Then post back and talk about what you "feel" now.... A rebuilt set of any codes will not preform like a new set so don't try that either. Rebuilding any injector costs way more than a completely new injector... So just what are these rebuilders doing... Cleaning them and charging you for rebuilts.... If we could buy the rebuild parts we would be doing it but they are almost as expensive as a new injector... Delhpi is made in mexico... If I knew where I would go there and buy some spare parts.... I'm not afraid of no mecican drug cartels..... Well at least from my side of the computer....:angel:

I can't say I know the difference between G and BB, but my pump guy reccomemends Gs, then tested them with my pump. He offered BBs, same price, but reccomended Gs. Hes been in the business since the 70s, and when he talked about rebuilding and calibrating the pump and injectors, CCs and pressures and actuation blah blah blah... over my head. Right now, my truck runs like a champ.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he is an "authorized" dealer I think he has to recommend what is original. If it is a warranty issue, then by all means put in what he says.

In the least technical terms, the pump does not care what injector it is hooked to, it will build pressure till the injector opens and then it squirts the fuel into the precup, thats all the injector is, a nozzle on the end of a hose.

And its amazing what a fresh fuel system does , isnt it????

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The only problem with Delphi injectors is they are not being sold anywhere. Back order is the name of the game these days... They are made in mixico and If anyone knows where I will "drop in" and see if we can get parts...:sly

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That diesel shop guy probably said that because of keeping the emissions the same as OEM on the engine. It was not probably something that he would do to his own truck though as he would probably install the BB injectors himself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7