battery terminal

needboost2live

Reaction score
So I'm starting to have problems with my positive battery terminal on the passenger side battery. Its not tight on the post anymore and looses connection and sometimes I can't start due to lack of a good connection. I can spin the terminal enough to get it to connect. The nut/bolt to tighten it is however stripped and unmoveable. I need to find a battery terminal to repace it but Advanced Auto and Auto Zone had noting useful. Anyone else out there find anything that works well? Thanks ahead of time.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
They didn't have replacement battery terminals with either the clamp for attaching the cables and other connections or a marine style connector where you have another post with a wing nut on it? That surprising if they didn't.

needboost2live

Reaction score
im looking for something sort of like this cause it closely resembles the setup of the factory
You must be registered for see images

If i could find one like that that also has a post to attach the third smaller wire that would be great!

sassyrel

Reaction score
im looking for something sort of like this cause it closely resembles the setup of the factory
You must be registered for see images

If i could find one like that that also has a post to attach the third smaller wire that would be great!

put a eye end on the smaller wire--and put it under one of those screw terminals--if the screw aint long enough--get a bit longer screw--------:D:D:D

Black dawg

Reaction score
is the terminal in ok shape other than the bolt? it might be worth trying to replace the bolt.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that link happy. Their prices are about $20 cheaper than the ford dealer.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
also just about any welding supply company can make you a set of cable far cheaper than you can buy a pre made set.

happyreefer

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that link happy. Their prices are about $20 cheaper than the ford dealer.

I am going to be buying a set soon too. maybe today. Ive been told he has haveing alot of things going on in his life and was backed up quite a bit. like 2-3 week ship time.

I have an email to him now and still waiting a reply on how long I should expect to wait if i bought today.

Good luck..
Gary

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online