. . .battery cables!!

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Mine are shot (old brown, not that damn truck everything in it is new) and now that it's cold it won't start. I have to get under the hood and wiggle them to make good contact so that I can cycle the glow plugs and start it. But tonight it wouldn't go. So I guess I'll screw around with them in the morning.

Just wanted to rant a little since I'm not going to spend a nickel to actually fix them right.

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
Mine are shot (old brown, not that damn truck everything in it is new) and now that it's cold it won't start. I have to get under the hood and wiggle them to make good contact so that I can cycle the glow plugs and start it. But tonight it wouldn't go. So I guess I'll screw around with them in the morning.

Just wanted to rant a little since I'm not going to spend a nickel to actually fix them right.

I have a feeling he's not considering anything but a BFH to keep it cranking...:D

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I am going to stuff the terminal with copper strands from a #6 thhn wire and pound the terminal on with a hammer. Worked before but the strands have worked their way out from swapping batteries this fall.