Banks Turbo

dieselM715

Feep builder
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I picked up a used Banks tubo and air cleaner.It came with the mounting bracket,down pipe,and the complete air cleaner.I contacted Banks and got a parts list.I found out it's a early non-wastegated setup
I got this for $250 bucks
Now I just need to get the small parts so I can put this on my 88 7.3 I'm swapping into my M715.:thumbsup:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well one thing I think you'll find is that people have a tougher time installing these kits in Ford pickup so it's a great thing this is actually going in a bigger military truck, should have much more room. Other than that, these have pretty good reviews. Sounds like you got a good deal and have all your bases covered.

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I get the wrong people at Banks. I called asking for info on that turbo and just got silence. Are they actually selling you the missing parts?

gandalf

Reaction score
Did you get the older Banks unit with the square airbox? I have the installation manual, including parts list, if you'd like a copy. Let me know.

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I've got all that, I'm just curious if Banks actually sells parts for it, specifically the Y-pipe/up pipe assembly.

dieselM715

Feep builder
Reaction score
gandalf; yes it is the older one with the square air box.I would like to get a copy of the manual.

papastruck;I sent a email to there tech line and gave them the numbers off the turbo and asked for a parts list and they sent me one.I sent them a email today asking them what parts are available,havent got an ansure back yet.

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I've got all that, I'm just curious if Banks actually sells parts for it, specifically the Y-pipe/up pipe assembly.

They do but be prepared to pay for it. The up pipe is over 300 alone and the down pipe I believe is over 100. A local exhaust shop might be a better bet.

gandalf

Reaction score
gandalf; yes it is the older one with the square air box.I would like to get a copy of the manual.

Shoot me a PM with your email address, and I'll get it off as soon as convenient. Remember, though, it's Christmas. My wife has me doing all sorts of stuff, and running in 12 different directions.cookoo It might take me a day or two to get it off.:D