banks parts

bigbrowngoat

COWBOYED UP
Reaction score
I want to know if I can buy banks parts with out buying a whole kit that would cost big bucks. I JUST WANT A HIGH-RAM AIR INTAKE AND A BIGHEAD WASTEGATE.:confused:

Whit

Reaction score
Call em and find out..............I have never tried Banks so I cant help ya much.

Everything I have read about the high ram intake is that it looks good but no added bennifits???

Cheers, Kevin

Venom

Testing Some Crap Out
Reaction score
There was a thread on the tdr where people dynoed with the high ram and acutually lost power.... take it for what its worth.

bigbrowngoat

COWBOYED UP
Reaction score
what parts do yall think I should run to get more mpg out of my truck I know the auto trans. is not helping and 4wd not helping but I feel it can do better than 17.3 mpg do you think the 305's are to much tire:(

Whit

Reaction score
I have bombed and bombed and all the claims that the products make I should be getting like 5000mpg :eek: and the only mod that I can say has improved my mpg was the 275 injectors by like 1/2 to 1 mpg, I think an ez may help a bit too but with these mods a guy just likes to hot rod around so that dont help a bit

Cheers, Kevin

94matt

Reaction score
275's are a great way to up your mileage, just make sure you're buying actual bosch 275 injectors, there are a few scammers on e-bay. If you have the stock front bumper, make sure you have the air dam on the bottom.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you recording actual mpg or using the overhead console...theyre is quite a differance of revolutions per mile between stock 265/75/16 and 305's...i have 315's on mine and my overhead is reading 17.9 but actually knowing the milage from place to lace and figuring it out that way shows i'm getting about 20mpg with just a K&N cold air and 3" straight pipe....

lschultz

Reaction score
Cistern,Tx-2.3 miles outs of ofs highway in Fayett
proud of you man

Finally somebody speaks the truth.Some of these fellows put this and that on and claim really great mpg but like I said before I would have to be driving there truck and filling it up before I would beleve what some claim. All I did to my truck besides running Amsoil throughout it is put a Banks 4" monster exhaust on which did not increase mpg enought to justify the cost but it do have a lot better performance and lowered egt 50-75 degrees and then I put a AFE Stage II with proguard 7 filer on and there new designed air intake tube which helped more on performance than mpg and did not lower egt that much. I just telling you what it did to mine-just fact.

Originally posted by Whitmore
I have bombed and bombed and all the claims that the products make I should be getting like 5000mpg :eek: and the only mod that I can say has improved my mpg was the 275 injectors by like 1/2 to 1 mpg, I think an ez may help a bit too but with these mods a guy just likes to hot rod around so that dont help a bit

Cheers, Kevin