banks kit shift cable problem

badass76ford

badass76fordboy
Reaction score
Ive recently installed an older non wg banks kit and have an interferance problem with the shift cable being right in the way of the up pipe. The only reason for this that i can think of is that the kit was designed before cables were on e4od trannys and were just linkage. Has any one else had this problem and how did u remedy it?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a C6 kit maybe? Cannot help on the fix...got pics? That would help and maybe suggestions then...dent pipe? I dunno

smooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive recently installed an older non wg banks kit and have an interferance problem with the shift cable being right in the way of the up pipe. The only reason for this that i can think of is that the kit was designed before cables were on e4od trannys and were just linkage. Has any one else had this problem and how did u remedy it?

If you are talking about what I think you are, I ran into the same problem. Here are two pics for how I fixed the problem.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

The metal 'tore' a little when I bent it, so I welded up the cracks before reinstalling it. It was a pain, but it works fine. Sorry I don't have any pictures of it reinstalled.
Edit: Actually, come to think of it, I don't think I can pull it all the way down in to first, and that may be related to my adjustment, but I never downshift it, so it makes no difference to me.

MoMo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online