Banks Box Death and Destruction

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And it was every bit as satisfying as I thought it would be. Reusing the lower portion, at least temporarily. I couldn't fit the big NAPA filter without a bunch of underhood redecoration, so a smaller cone filter and a short length of PVC is the next plan. Will post pics of the final solution.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im assuming thats plastic? The bottom piece almost looks metallic around the break points, but I wouldnt think metal would fail like that.

Definately do the CAI.

Late_99_psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He cut it himself. The box is huge and unnecessary and takes up half the engine bay, so he is moddifying it to be better :D

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does when you whack it with a BFH. There were a couple small parts I couldn't get at with a grinder, so the BFH did the rest. A saws-all would have been better but nowhere near as fun.

The box is aluminum, so one thing that has to be done is a thorough cleaning before putting the lower part back on. Lots of grinder dust that sticks in there. Compressed air isn't enough.

No CAI for now, though I will at some point. I have to move some things around and make a shield of some sort. The coolant expansion tank, washer reservoir, and the enormous coffee can vacuum reservoir for the cruise control make life difficult over there.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The box is aluminum, so one thing that has to be done is a thorough cleaning before putting the lower part back on. Lots of grinder dust that sticks in there. Compressed air isn't enough.

an automatic dishwasher in the shop will take care of that problem.:D
don't use the one in the house if you're shackled. you'll never hear the end of the grease streaks baked into the walls.:eek:

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't use the one in the house if you're shackled. you'll never hear the end of the grease streaks baked into the walls.:eek:

Aw, hell, it's a rental!

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i typically use a turkey fryer...an old 5 gallon roof coating bucket and some wter/dawn/simple green to cook/clean my parts

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i typically use a turkey fryer...an old 5 gallon roof coating bucket and some wter/dawn/simple green to cook/clean my parts
that's too much work.:eek:
auto dishwasher.....110v plug in, single cold water hose input. hang drain tube into sink( you need the height to keep water from siphoning out)
throw in a good pot scrubbing detergent and parts. it got its own heating element for the water.:D;Sweet set, start and go watch the game;Sweet

gandalf

Reaction score

Should we ask about this? This sounds like the voice of experience. :dunno-cuss

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online