Bad oil leak at the base of the dipstick tube.

trythis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an issue with my 1994 power stroke! Love this truck, very little trouble out of it and it's been sitting for a couple weeks which it normally is on the road everyday. anyhow we drove to town have parked the truck idled a little bit and we moved away and there was a big puddle of oil, You can see in the picture the base of the dipstick tube. I've never had this apart, but it looks as if it has two holes on the right side of the dipstick . Might be a snap ring? But the oil is pumping out the bottom hole makes a steady stream running off the oil pan. just looking for a heads up before I jump into this thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20240320_113134435_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240320_113134435_HDR.jpg
    862.8 KB · Views: 5

trythis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered some more rings I'm going to try just replacing the o-ring I understand the inner part gets mushroomed and then has to be replaced I think you should be able to avoid that if you don't over tighten it. Thank you for getting me started in the right direction

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Be careful of the inner part. You don't want to drop it into the pan. If you do, you have two options. Pull the pan, or buy a very expensive adapter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.