Bad ip?

cr430c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving my truck almost all day, parked in front of my house to get something. The truck was off for 5 min. Got in and started it and it ran for like 10 seconds and it shut off. I wasn't sure if it was an empty tank or not so I switched tanks and tried to start it again. I have now checked the return and got nothing from the ip return but got fuel from the return from the filter head. I have a very little amount of fuel at the injectors but not all of them and not as much as I've seen previously when priming. I primed the filter and checked the schrader valve and all is well there. Truck is a 94 7.3 turbo with original pump and injectors with 198xxx miles. Is my ip toast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cranked and ran 10 seconds and went dead is very typical lost prime situation, try using just a little touch of either to get her going, and make double sure the tank lines are primed. I run out often due to non working fuel guages, and sometimes I crank the truck from under the hood while opening lines etc, Ive gotten quite good at it.