[B]PSD Question for the guru's![/B]

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

The FD just bought a 2000 PSD that seems to be having fits! I don't know if it's a bad injector or what. The back cyl. on the pass. side seems like it wants to miss and it poors out the raw fuel smoke. If you rev. it up in park and hold it down to around 2500? it really misses and poors out the raw fuel smoke. If you power brake it - it will not seem to miss and spin the rear tires and spools up nice. It seems to hit on take off, but you get to around 1500 and it starts to miss and raw smoke, but then you get into it and it comes to life and starts to fire and really runs strong and the smoke clears up. Can you guru's give me an idea if it's a bad injector or what?

Thanks for all of the help early!

Hoss.... ;Sweet

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds likea bad injector.mine was doing that 2 weeks ago,needed an injector.find somebody with a scanner that can do a buzz and cylinder contribution test(CCT).the cct will tell you wich injector/s are haveing a problem.when you find outwich injector/s are the problem call ryan at www.beansdieselperformance.com .hecould most likely do a stock rebuild on them cheaper than if you bought one from a parts house.great guy to deal with ;Sweet ;Sweet ;Sweet

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would have to agree on the bad injector diagnosis too. How do you know its the rear pass?

Buzz test and cylinder contribution test will help in diagnosing this further. Do you have access to a scan tool?

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Injector????

I'm pretty sure that it's the rear on the pass. because there seems to be a little bit of sooty fuel/juice coming out around the exh. manifold there and I know it is atleast on the pass. side because I can see the fuel smoke coming out around the exhaust pipe from the man. to the turbo. It could be anyone of them on the pass. side I suppose. I guess I'm grasping here. Don't know of/or what a buss test is. And I do have access to a scan tool, but I don't know if it will do the cct test. Is it a special scan tool or will one that works on any of the cars OBDII, etc. work?????? I am going to have some ties to this engine so I need to get this figured out, but cheaply and easily! I see there are some used on ebay for starting of $25.00...... Don't know though!
Somewhat new to the PSD relm. They didn't exist when I went to auto/diesel school. Just 6.2's and 6.9's!!!! in pickups!
Thanks, Hoss.... ;Sweet

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you need a scan tool that will work for the OBD2 on the ford diesels.i have heard most of the cheapy scan tools wont work on the PSD.

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
PSD!

A friend of mine has a shop and has a pretty good scan tool. So maybe we can give that one a shot and see what happens! I hope it works!

Hoss.... ;Sweet