Aviation oils?? For wmo fuel

Far Right

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with aviation oils, I have a never ending supply of aviation oils from a mate, apparently there pretty clean cause of the strict service intervals, are good too burn?

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbine oil is great, thin. Piston engine oil pretty thick. Just needs a lot of thinning. Blending with gas causes some pretty good smoke. Piston aviation oil is an "ashless dispersant" which means it should burn cleanly, but doesn't always. It's got lower hours but depends on the fuel, avgas, is leaded here in the states. So sludge will be greyish in color
Good to go! It's good mineral oil based oils I believe.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with aviation oils, I have a never ending supply of aviation oils from a mate, apparently there pretty clean cause of the strict service intervals, are good too burn?
DUDE!....mate!..... fellow county men! You're going to have to start running this stuff, systematically and taking notes and reporting back to us. It'll be like a wine tasting or something where you tell us the vintage and how the IP responded, and if it was a robust full bodied fuel or more of a table oil. You can tell us if your exhaust was like a light chardonnay or maybe a darker merlot! When I was getting into this waste oil thing, I even saw where some guys run crude oil.

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some talking and I just picked up some aircraft piston oil. Looked up the ads and it has a higher autoignition temp then 15w40 oil. In the past I blended it with gas and had decent results. Smoky mainly. This batch I might try it with just diesel blending an see if it's better. A buddy had some issues with this oil/gas blend. But his oversized injectors and everything is turned up on his 12valve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online