Auto RX Update

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone compared using this stuff to Tranny Fluid? I know ATF has a lot of detergents in it that can help break things down, just wondering how they compare?

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
From what I've heard, this stuff is much better, in that detergents like ATF chip the buildup and gunk off and you risk having them block the oil paths and starving the engine, which is disastrous. Auto-RX slowly dissolves it, so that there aren't any large enough deposits to cause problems.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auto RX is made for removing buildup. Solvents or detergents are fine, as long as you use them every time from an absolutely clean engine. That way there are no heavy buildups to chip off and block passages.

I picked up a E250 with a 300 I6 several years ago for my business. It had zero oil pressure, the guy had decided to use diesel oil to "clean up" the engine. All the crap went into the oil pan and clogged the oil pickup screen. I cleaned the screen and used it for about 18 months until it clogged solid again and was not worth fixing again as I had replaced the truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828