Auto Door Lock

golfcartman

Reaction score
I have a 2001 3500 ext cab(power locks and windows). as soon as i hit 15 mph my pass side door locks. its my service truck and i am always trying to open the door to get parts. its a pain because i forget to unlock it and then find myself walking around the truck time after time. is there a fuse i can pull or a wire i can disconnect or cut?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
golfcartman,

Take a look in your owners manual, if you have one. I had a Durango with this feature and my "X" has it also. I have kids and like the feature turned on. There should be a sequence to activate, or deactivate it. I know on the Durango it was turn the ignition key in the correct sequence, hit button. On the X it can be done with the key and button sequence, or I have the keyless entry on it and there was a "code" that you entered on the door keypad to activate/deactivate it. By doing these sequences you are sending the computer a message to not use/not use this feature.

joe_diesel

Reaction score
golfcartman,

Take a look in your owners manual, if you have one. I had a Durango with this feature and my "X" has it also. I have kids and like the feature turned on. There should be a sequence to activate, or deactivate it. I know on the Durango it was turn the ignition key in the correct sequence, hit button. On the X it can be done with the key and button sequence, or I have the keyless entry on it and there was a "code" that you entered on the door keypad to activate/deactivate it. By doing these sequences you are sending the computer a message to not use/not use this feature.

Exactly, you may be able to de-activate the system. I know on the my old '03 F250 it was look a juggling act but, did get it done.

golfcartman

Reaction score
I checked my owner's manual...it gave me this sequence- turn the key from off to on 4 times ending in on and then hit the lock button to lock the doors. i should then hear a chirp from the horn acknowledging the command to disable. well i did that about a dozen times and got nothing. any ideas?

lazermule

Reaction score
I tried this same sequence with my 02 and it also did not work... I'd sure like to get rid of this auto lock feature..

LM

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drop by your local Ford dealer next opportunity.. there will be a sales guy who knows how to make it work.. or the service department folks.. should be a "no charge, customer satisfaction item"

On my 2002 and on my 1999 I disabled the auto lock crap feature.. followed the owners manual .. same trick.. had to read it several times to get it right.. your 2001 should be the same sequence, I imagine.

lazermule

Reaction score
Drop by your local Ford dealer next opportunity.. there will be a sales guy who knows how to make it work.. or the service department folks.. should be a "no charge, customer satisfaction item"

On my 2002 and on my 1999 I disabled the auto lock crap feature.. followed the owners manual .. same trick.. had to read it several times to get it right.. your 2001 should be the same sequence, I imagine.

I would, but they'd probably wonder why I was there with my Dodge.

LM

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dodge?? What is that? If you go to a Ford dealer in a dodge will they let you in? hahahah.

Do Dodge trucks even need locks?;Really [you know I have to bust your chops a bit for going to the "dark side"]

:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
Try unhooking the negative battery cable for 12 minutes, then try again. Should reset the system, allowing it to receive the command to reprogram. Has to be 12 minutes though...

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
15 wouldn't hurt, but 12 is all that is required, unless the computer is out of spec (Which DOES happen). The reason for unhooking the negative battery cable is that it allows the capacitors in the computers to entirely discharge, thus clearing temporary memory and making it ready to accept the new programming - something Dodge should have included in the owners manual but didn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online