ATS intercooler piping

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of the intercooler piping for the ats intercooler kit? I need to know what it looks like so I can see if this New old stock is the right stuff or not.
thanks.
Russ

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I, hoping to fine some un installed pics. will have to mine the forum when I have time.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have the hypermax intercooler pipe works I can measure and sent pics of if that will help. Sorry... No spare ATS incooler parts pics..

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotts be ats or maybe I can get pics and someone can verify if they are what they are.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry Russ. The only pics I've seen of the ATS piping have been Calvins....... installed.

Maybe he has some pics of the kit prior to putting it on the rig.

Heath

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the next question is if I end up with a bunch of these, any interest? and its just the piping no intake hat ,but I may have to make a different one to fit these tubes.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the next question is if I end up with a bunch of these, any interest? and its just the piping no intake hat ,but I may have to make a different one to fit these tubes.

I suppose there would be...what diameter is the tubes....

I have a few stock PS tubes to force/cut/mod to work with my IC....

Gotta line....or getting all the NOS ATS stuff are ya?:love:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Much interest depends on price around here and most of us are some cheap ******** LOL i can say i would be interested if it is piping for our truck. i seem to remember the engineering they had laid out required a minimum amount of hacking and cutting to our trucks. that is worth something!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much interest depends on price around here and most of us are some cheap ******** LOL i can say i would be interested if it is piping for our truck. i seem to remember the engineering they had laid out required a minimum amount of hacking and cutting to our trucks. that is worth something!

Yeah ,well put. And it is for our trucks. and they are not 3 inch. I do remember some of towcats pics. I will post when I get more info.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm prett sure it's 2.5 in an it's works very well with a 093 or banks gated kits also non gated. 3in is good for more boost IMO these kits were made for our trucks an the turbo on them. I maybe interested in the pipes. Don't worry about a hat for me all build my own. Just got a new welder.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have pics on my computer at home. Can get them Monday at the soonest. Mine are 2.25" if memory serves. They wrap around the outside of the front most body mount and snake up under the plastic fender liners running parallel to the radiator. They then connect to the turbo and engine intake via two more tubes and some silicone couplers.

The ATS intercooler has been more than adequate in my application. At our low boost levels, I have a hard time believing that there is a substantial performance gain to be had with a larger core or larger diameter tubing.

Ryan

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's confirmed the ATS IC piping is 2.25". imho, the original designers had thought it out clearly on this kit. namely, there is no serious pressure drop or any turbo lag with this kit. if you are into "bigger is better" then go deal with turbo lag. I've dealt with turbo buicks for years and hate the lag inherent in their systems. anyhow.....yes I do own a second kit. it has been modified to fit a wastegated Banks turbo unfortunately. so if the pipes are correct in the bulk purchase, I too will be interested in acquiring pipes too. why another kit? I'm a firm believer in safety through redundancy.

Attachments

• SL377801.JPG
    SL377801.JPG
    291.6 KB · Views: 30
  • SL377800.JPG
    SL377800.JPG
    292.1 KB · Views: 29
  • SL377799.JPG
    SL377799.JPG
    293.7 KB · Views: 24
  • SL377798.JPG
    SL377798.JPG
    294.5 KB · Views: 27
  • SL377797.JPG
    SL377797.JPG
    291 KB · Views: 23
  • SL377796.JPG
    SL377796.JPG
    292.9 KB · Views: 23
  • SL377795.JPG
    SL377795.JPG
    291.6 KB · Views: 22
  • SL377794.JPG
    SL377794.JPG
    291.5 KB · Views: 25

jnkyrdfourd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
towcat: i thought i saw some piping in those pics, but its hard to tell with those distractions like your avatar and the open drawer with the dbl barrel clip!:thumbsup: