ATS and Banks question, and you mix the kits?

Jmackk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys got a question, I have found a Banks Sidewinder Wastgate Turbo for an great price but I have an old ATS 088 non-wastgate turbo. Is it possible to remove the ATS turbo and replace it with the banks or are the pedestals and everything just to different? thanks guys

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The above is true. Why are you thinking about changing from one maker to another maker of turbo systems.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the reason its a great price is you cant get parts easy for it.

Jmackk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The price is almost enough to make me buy it for S&G's, it also has a wast gate and the current set u does not. Problem is that the turbo is being sold as just the turbo and I already have the ATS set up.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The price is almost enough to make me buy it for S&G's, it also has a wast gate and the current set u does not. Problem is that the turbo is being sold as just the turbo and I already have the ATS set up.

INCOMPLETE KITS are such a pain in the ****...

DON"T EVEN THINK of asking HOW I KNOW THIS..... ;Poke

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hahaha

riot why are incomplete kits a PITA :rotflmao:rotflmao;Poke;Poke;Poke

Bought 093 ATS Turbo and hershey kiss... ONLY....250 bucks...was working unit ok shape could use rebuild but ok....5 years ago
Bought 093 DP.....5 years ago
Bought 093 intake air filter setup 5 years ago

Have not been able to find the up pipe, the Y pipe, or pedestal...what so ever.... until just recently....

Sure it wasn't expensive to build it up part by part...but finding the parts...well that's the trouble..

Now I tried to sell what I had, guy backed out of deal after delivery, but used my parts to replace some bad parts on another truck...then sent back his bad parts...siad it was a mistake....LIKE ...***....SO after a rather significant rant on many forums......he then paid me what I wanted originally for my parts, but informed me I should keep his ***** parts....guess he knew they where ***** after all....Turbo just needs rebuild and I'm going to do that now that I found the parts needed...

Damn hard...very Hard to part a kit together piece by piece....so I would suggest DON"T do it!

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought 093 ATS Turbo and hershey kiss... ONLY....250 bucks...was working unit ok shape could use rebuild but ok....5 years ago
Bought 093 DP.....5 years ago
Bought 093 intake air filter setup 5 years ago

Have not been able to find the up pipe, the Y pipe, or pedestal...what so ever.... until just recently....

Sure it wasn't expensive to build it up part by part...but finding the parts...well that's the trouble..

Now I tried to sell what I had, guy backed out of deal after delivery, but used my parts to replace some bad parts on another truck...then sent back his bad parts...siad it was a mistake....LIKE ...***....SO after a rather significant rant on many forums......he then paid me what I wanted originally for my parts, but informed me I should keep his ***** parts....guess he knew they where ***** after all....Turbo just needs rebuild and I'm going to do that now that I found the parts needed...

Damn hard...very Hard to part a kit together piece by piece....so I would suggest DON"T do it!

that sounds awful.....i want a turbo

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow Al... Thats sucks and blows at the same time. I hope that was not one of our members here doing that kind of crap to you. Using your parts and sending back his worn out **** telling you thats your parts and I want my money back... Kicking that guy in the junk is not worth it in my thoughts. Outing the guy on all forums is priceless. Why people like that wake up every morning baffeles me. Do they really think they are getting over on others will no recourse or what. Give a guy a good deal and it goes viral. give a guy a bad deal and it nevers stops circulateing.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary,

NO this was not a member here it was a different forum I am a member on...just sayin he wanted to buy the parts...decided not too...never paid for what he had from me that I delivered personally....then sent back bad parts...there was more..but I won't get into it...

Seriously though, for the OP purchasing an incomplete kit is not a good idea IMHO...

The parts I originally purchased did come from so of the great members here and where in fine shape IMHO I had just hoped to piece the kit together over time...um ya..lesson learned!