ATS 093 Turbo and Water to Air IC

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how safe is this air to water IC? I would be a little concerned about water getting into the air stream, should a leak occur.

I was looking at a setup on ebay tonight that appeared to be simillar to the one you had and it was fairly cheap too.

I might be inclined to tackle something like that but would have to find a different intake hat. How can I squeeze the radiator portion of the setup into the front end of my 86 F250?

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Well...to be totally honest, the only reason I roll ith the IDI is because I can run it cheap and it gets pretty good milage for the results...even though I need to rebuild it.

And in the all seriousness of the discussion, if I could find a cummins for even close to what I have, I would be all over it. But they are stupid expensive. I could probably build the 6.9 twice for what a good engine would cost with no pump or turbo. I do not care that much anymore about what powers the vehicle like I used to, but I really like what I have now.

SWS

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With an air to water IC in a diesel motor, if you put the intercooler right before the suction of your circulating pump, the intake pressure should always be greater than the IC pressure. A leak will result in a nice stream of bubbles in your IC circulation system.

bajabomber87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dodge is on mog axles I assume?

Yes, it's just a 5.9 gasser, basically the first low low rock crawling fullsize. It's about 5-7 inches taller than a stock truck but mostly that extra height is from the exo cage.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Humph...Russ is a showoff. Now check me out...

So...that 94-5 T-bird rolling on fanblades, 4.6 I assume?

Sarcasm off...

Seriously though, how much longer till your Cummins is up and running?

SWS

bajabomber87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Humph...Russ is a showoff. Now check me out...

So...that 94-5 T-bird rolling on fanblades, 4.6 I assume?

Sarcasm off...

Seriously though, how much longer till your Cummins is up and running?

SWS

:rotflmao CANT WAIT till my parents get rid of that thing. I think they're waiting till I finish my Fummins since I'm borrowing their spare Honda Civic whenever it rains and I can't ride my Buell.

Just got the NV5600 today, should be in by Sunday if the weather works out. I need to get some metal to build the front crossmember and brace the crap out of the front end, build a new tube bumper, pull the rear end and get it re-geared, build a new rear driveshaft since the new tcase is a fixed yoke, pull the flatbed for paint and install the Airdog 150 fuel system and drawstraws, new steering box and custom steering shaft, radiator fans, short shifter, traction bars and mounts, wire up the whole truck (lights, wipers, turn signals, etc) fiberglass the dash for the new gauge cluster, mount the batteries, make some Dodge power steering pump to Ford steering box lines. All easy stuff, hopefully by March or April. Just depends on money.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Wow...how much time and money would you have saved if you would have kept the IDI? Oh, and whats wrong with the bird? Best car EVER built.

SWS

bajabomber87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow...how much time and money would you have saved if you would have kept the IDI? Oh, and whats wrong with the bird? Best car EVER built.

SWS

Take everything I already listed, and subtract the price of a new 7.3 and ZF-5.

oh and shipping for those two things.

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rotflmao CANT WAIT till my parents get rid of that thing. I think they're waiting till I finish my Fummins since I'm borrowing their spare Honda Civic whenever it rains and I can't ride my Buell.

Just got the NV5600 today, should be in by Sunday if the weather works out. I need to get some metal to build the front crossmember and brace the crap out of the front end, build a new tube bumper, pull the rear end and get it re-geared, build a new rear driveshaft since the new tcase is a fixed yoke, pull the flatbed for paint and install the Airdog 150 fuel system and drawstraws, new steering box and custom steering shaft, radiator fans, short shifter, traction bars and mounts, wire up the whole truck (lights, wipers, turn signals, etc) fiberglass the dash for the new gauge cluster, mount the batteries, make some Dodge power steering pump to Ford steering box lines. All easy stuff, hopefully by March or April. Just depends on money.

I have got to hand it to you. You are one hell of a craftsman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online