ARP Head studs arp owners in here! plz

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I got an arp number off of an older thread when my home made studs failed. I called arp to order and the part number was bad. Does anyone have a part number to these studs? I have an 7.3 IDI. If you know the part number that would sure be helpful.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just order the 1/2 inch x 7" long studs. There is no part number. Mine are working fine, 13 lbs boost under load and 230 water temp, hate that but???

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My ARP invoice states the 1/2x7 inch studs are part number AR7.000-1lb. They are broached for an allen wrench. They have 2 differant nuts for these but both will work fine. Remember these studs are about 1/4 inch longer than we need. I had to be careful when I torqued mine. The extra stud length went thru the deep socket and caused an interfreance while doing this. It rounded off 2 top threads on one stud so be careful.

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the part number I used and they said it wasn't a valid number. The reason I need a part number is my machinist is getting them for me at his cost since I have thrown so much money into my project and he is trying to help me out. So when he called and he tried to order he needs a part # apparently to get them. ????????????

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Call again but this time talk with an engineer. I forgot the names but maybe Jerry was one of them. Anyway you may need the nuts part number ARN12-1, these are the 12 point nuts and the washers part number is ARW78N. The stud part number is exactly whats printed on my invoice. They are $8.45 each. Use my invoice number of 0487114-IN. My customer ID is ARPCS. My sales person was 9999 if that helps....I see my order number on the invoice is 0489269 on 01-25-08. It can't get any easier than this for the order desk. These studs are 7 inches long with a 1/2x13 national course thread on the bottom and 1/2x20 national fine thread on the top. P.S... Go to the ARP web site and read carefully under "friction".... Some here have stated that there is no information posted about torqueing the studs up and down 5 times to reduce the tightening friction. Its printed in bold black right there and it really does make a differance in the torque value when your done.

Last edited:

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call again but this time talk with an engineer. I forgot the names but maybe Jerry was one of them. Anyway you may need the nuts part number ARN12-1, these are the 12 point nuts and the washers part number is ARW78N. The stud part number is exactly whats printed on my invoice. They are $8.45 each. Use my invoice number of 0487114-IN. My customer ID is ARPCS. My sales person was 9999 if that helps....I see my order number on the invoice is 0489269 on 01-25-08. It can't get any easier than this for the order desk. These studs are 7 inches long with a 1/2x13 national course thread on the bottom and 1/2x20 national fine thread on the top. P.S... Go to the ARP web site and read carefully under "friction".... Some here have stated that there is no information posted about torqueing the studs up and down 5 times to reduce the tightening friction. Its printed in bold black right there and it really does make a differance in the torque value when your done.

Thanks allot man, if he can get them ordered with that info then there will have to be a little donkey BBQ. lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HarleyCummins

Members online